- 500g raw and unsalted cashews
- 500g of oats
- 4 tbsp of tahini
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 100g of shredded coconut
- 200g of desiccated coconut
- Small amount of water to create a rolling texture
- Blitz the cashews and the oats in a food processor
- Add the shredded coconut, tahini and lemon juice and continue to blitz the mixture
- Slowly add a small amount of water till the mixture becomes paste like
- Roll the mixture into small bowls and roll the outer layer in the desiccated coconut
- Store in the fridge or freezer
Nutritional info per ball:
637Kj, 3.6g protein, 11.1g fat, 8.3g carbohydrate, 1g sugar and 2.8g fibre.
These delectable treats can be enjoyed as a breakfast on-the-go, mid-meal snack or even as a pre or post-workout treat. I reckon if you served one up to Santa with a glass of milk on Christmas night he would approve.